Times Radio: Happy Hour with Gloria de Piero
Times Radio producer of ‘Happy Hour’, Sandra Glab, featuring presenter Gloria de Piero, kindly asked me to go on the show today. They are both absolutely lovely and I had a fun time. The focus of the show was about positivity. I was asked to go on as they thought it positive that I spent lockdown organising and launching Word Craft Design Gifts, to bring a little lightness and laughter to people during a pandemic.
I was asked if I was generally a positive person and admitted that yes, some of the time but we all have our bad days. We all have our own coping strategies and I thought I would share mine with you.
Here are my personal top ten tips for when you are feeling less than positive.
- 1. If you wake up in a bad mood try YouTube for a quick fix. Find a short funny video and see if that changes your mood.
2. Get outside (weather permitting) and just walk and breathe.
3. Call a friend for no reason at all and just have catchup.
4. Have any pets? Play with them for ten minutes.
5. Watch a funny movie.
6. Do something you love. It doesn’t matter what it is, just do it!
7. Cook yourself something delicious.
8. Hug your loved ones if you can, if not a virtual hug instead. Send/zoom/Skype them.
9. Finish something you started. It doesn’t matter what it is – but if you’ve left it undone, finish it now.
10. Give yourself permissions to do nothing at all! Relax, zone out, listen to music – whatever you want to do.
I hope these tips help. If anyone would like to share their tips for positivity in the comments below, I would love to read them!